Thursday, September 07, 2006

Vande.. Vande

Vande Mataram. Our National Song or is it a song to be sung just by hindus? I was under the impression that all Indians should have no problems singing the song. It is pretty appalling to associate a religious angle to our national song, a song that had been the spine of unification process during the freedom movement. A song sung by hindus, muslims, christians alike during the movement. The political angle to this is even more shocking. The news today a said " All the BJP ruled states have imposed national song to be sung in all schools, and the Congress ruled states have made it voluntary".
I am shocked in statements : imposed? Do you need to impose the national song? What are they trying to do? Excuse me sir, you cant force patriotism on any individual. If you have a oneness to the country, you wouldnt have a problem singing the song. Also the voluntary thing, the statement itself means the party is doing what it always does, play on caste politics. I recon the people who refuse to sing the national song have a sense of satisfaction that, here there is a political party which needs our votebank and so will listen to us, So we can do whatever the F### we want. Funny enough, they getaway with it. Spiteful.
My take on this is that India, is for Indians only: If u dont want to live with that, get the f### out. Trust me, we will be glad to get rid of you.
I dont think I will ever vote again for any party again. Hope we see a party which sees above the caste religious bull crap.

4 Comments:

Blogger J said...

I've never voted in my life. But if you're joining any party, I will :p

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i fully endorse your views. well said

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vande mataram vande mataram
sujalam suphalam malayaja sheetalam
sasya shyamalam mataram vande mataram

shubra jyotsna pulakita yaamineem
pulla kusumita dhrumadhala shobhineem
suvasineem sumadhura bhashineem sukhadam varadaam mataram
vande maataram vande mataram

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vande Mataram means 'one mother' no shit do do with religion. Why is everone making a big deal about this? Its sung for motherland (unlike Jana Gana Mana...which was written for King George V's visit to India) I think its more of a national anthem than Jana Gana Mana will ever be. Whats this party btw? I remember...shaatakke matha...deshakke hitha!

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home